19 Feb How to Maintain Your Wig
Taking care of your delicate lace wig is easy. Nevertheless, it will need regular care for the best results. Follow these directions to care and prolong the life of your Custom Unit Wig. Itâ€™s essential to help keep the hair clean. We recommend that you simply wash the hair weekly with warm water. If possible, do not wear the hair during exercise, spa, swimming, and etc. Hair tangles when perspiration and grime accumulate on it. Using too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products can cause tangling and cause product build up on the hair. Wash your hair with Global Keratin Color Protecting shampoo and conditioner to prevent dryness.
Wig Washing Directions
- Wash Preparation
Detangle the hair by brushing it from bottom up before washing. Submerge the hair in a basin, sink or tub of luke warm water.
- Applying Shampoo
In cold water, rinse the wig. This is crucial as you wonâ€™t want the heat in the water to make the cap construction break down, or likewise cause the hair to detach from the cap. Apply the shampoo to the wig. Give attention to the forehead part of the wig, which might be soiled heavily. As you’d do to a fine garment, handle the wig gently. Avoid using heavy friction. To shampoo wash the hair by detangling with fingers to pull the shampoo through the lengths
- Rinsing the Shampoo
Rinse the shampoo from the wig. Always rinse the shampoo away with water flowing in exactly the same direction of the hair (that is, from root to the end!)
- Towel Dry the Wig
Human hair wigs needs to be put on a flat towel to have the extra water soaked away. While itâ€™s still wet, DONâ€™T comb or brush the wig. As a result of water absorbency, the hair shaft grows; likewise, the root knot loosens causing the hair to shed drastically.
- Dry on Wig Stand
Place on a wig stand and let it air dry. DON’T attempt to hasten the drying procedure by blow drying, placing in a cloth dryer, microwave, or under some direct heat or sunlight. Doing these will make the wig cap shed little to huge amounts of hair and loose integrity.
How to prevent your lace wig from shedding?
This section is to assist youÂ in learning methods of preventing and avoiding your lace wig from shedding.
- More significantly – Keep your wig clean.
- We recommend you AVOID using hair products which contain high quantities of alcohol, that is, Hair Sprays, Spritz, etc. on the hair as these products can damage the hair and cause breakage or shedding.
- You HAVE TO clean all adhesive residue off your wig when you remove it. Letting adhesives or glue build up on your lace will bring about shedding.
- Avoid scratching your scalp through your unit as this can cause shedding. Pat your head by means of your head or remove the unit and wash your scalp with an anti-itch shampoo and conditioner, after which you will moisturize your scalp with a hair or oil grease to stop itching.
- Comb your unit in the tip upward, gripping the hair above as you comb so it will not pull on your knots. Make use of a ventilated wig brush to comb your wig, instead of a bristle brush.
- When it is wet, donâ€™t comb the wig. Just before washing your unit, be sure to comb it out completely and that itâ€™s fine and smooth.
- Donâ€™t sit under a dryer with heat or blow dry. You need to let your unit air dry. Be sure to use a cool setting in the event you need to blow dry. Blow dryer heat will damage/divide the knots and cause shedding.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Tie up your hair in braid or bun when sleeping.
- Right before shampooing, softly comb the hair.
- Softly shampoo the hair in a single direction.
- Ensure your wig remains clean when you are not wearing it and keep its shape by storing on a wig holder in a dry place.
- With your hand, support your Lace Unit Wig when brushing or combing your hair.
- Use a good vent brush to get a straight/yaki texture.
- Minimize brushing or combing your lace wig when wet.
- Constantly seal your knots every single time you shampoo your wig.
- Use Conditioner and Shampoo for scent, softness and a long lasting shine.
- DO NOT soak the unit. Wash and condition and remove from water promptly. Soaking the unit will cause matting.
- Don’t spray sealer on the hair.
- Never sleep on wet hair.
- Particularly on light colored units, DONâ€™T tint, colour, perm or do any additional chemical processes. They have been processed chemically before shipping.